There’s no question that Facebook is the premiere social networking site for running online contests, sweepstakes, and giveaways. After all,in July 2012 it was reported by Business Insider that Facebook users upload over 300 million photos per day — thus, making it platform ripe for running photo contests because users are already accustomed to sharing photos.
And, if you’re thinking about running a YouTube based video contest on Facebook, you’d be thrilled to know that those 1 billion monthly active Facebook users watch over 500 years of YouTube video every day on Facebook as reported on JeffBullmas.com.
So, obviously, it would be wise for brand marketers, bloggers, and small businesses to target Facebook for running their online social promotional contest/sweepstakes. However, it’s a no-brainer that your contest should simultaneously operate on your company’s website as well — no user should be left behind. After all, each visitor to your website is a potential customer and can turn into a potential sale.
Some good reasons to run a contest on your company’s website are listed below:
1. User Generated Content (UCG) is a treasure trove of new and engaging content for your users
2. Drive users from Facebook to your company’s website
3. Building contest page on website enhances SEO (search engine enhanced, contest page and images)
4. Brand identity is easily enhanced through website images, text, banners, etc.
5. Users love rich media contests (Youtube video contests, photo contest – including Instagram)